India’s bag in Rio Olympics 2016 is still empty as Day 10 of Rio Olympics 2016 was gloomy for Indian participants. We witnessed some lively actions on Sunday with India’s Dipa Karmakar missing a bronze medal by a whisker and the ‘golden’ man Usain Bolt whistling past his competitors at the men’s 100m final.
Highlights of Rio Olympics 2016 Day 10:
- Vikas Krishan Yadav crashes out of quarterfinals, loses by four points.
- Manoj Kumar losing in the pre-quarters of the 64kg light welterweight category to Uzbekistan’s Fazliddin Gaibnazarov by points.
- Indian medal woe continues as Lalita Babar falls way short in the women’s 3000m steeplechase.
- India’s Renjith Maheswary fails to qualify for the finals in the men’s triple-jump.
- India’s Ravinder Khatri lost to Hungary’s Viktor Lorincz in the men’s Greco-Roman 85 kg wrestling qualifying round.
- Srabani Nanda failed to qualify for the semifinal in the women’s 200m as she finished sixth in the heats.
- Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar today joined millions of Indians and celebrities from all walks of life to congratulate gymnast Dipa Karmakar, who missed bronze medal by a whisker at the ongoing Rio Olympics. Dipa came tantalisingly close to end up fourth with a difference of only 0.150 points with the bronze medallist in the women’s vault finals. Tendulkar, who was in Rio recently to encourage the Indian contingent, took to twitter to congratulate the young Tripura girl. “Winning and losing is a part of sport. You have won millions of hearts & entire nation is proud of your achievements,” Tendulkar tweeted.
- Indian shuttlers PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth booked their quarterfinals berths to keep medal hopes alive on Monday