Highlights of Rio Olympics India Day 7:
- India’s Dutee Chand finishes 7th in her heat with a timing of 11.69 in the Women’s 100m heat. Fails to qualify for the semi-finals.
- India’s Ankit Sharma fails to qualify for Men’s Long Jump final. Finishes 24th.
- Athletics Men’s 400m: Muhammed Anas fails to qualify for semi-finals after finishing 6th with a time of 45.95 in his heat.
- Men’s Hockey Update: India will face Belgium in the quarter-finals!
- Boxing Update: Vikas Krishan will face Uzbekistan’s Bektemir Melikuziev in quarters of men’s middle weight 75kg category.
Mixed Doubles Tennis: Rohan Bopanna and Sania Mirza are through to the semi-finals!
They needed three match points but they finally defeated Andy Murray and Heather Watson 6-4, 6-!
Men’s 20km Race Walk: India’s Manish Singh finishes 13th with a timing of 1:21:21, Gurmeet Singh and Ganapathi Krishnan disqualified
- Badminton Update! Manu Attri-Sumeeth Reddy crash out of Rio Olympics after 21-13 21-15 loss to Chinese pair of Chai Biao-Hong Wei
- Men’s 25m rapid pistol Update! Gurpreet Singh drops to fourth place after scoring 90 in series 4. Finishes Stage One with a score of 289
- Men’s Discus Throw Update! Vikas Gowda fails to qualify for the next round after throwing 57.79, 58.99 and 58.70 in his three attempts
- Badminton Update! Jwala Gutta-Ashwini Ponappa crash out of Rio Olympics 2016 after losing the first two games in the preliminary stage