Top 10 messages by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 70th Independence Day after hoisting flag on Ref Fort:
- People are scared of income tax authorities, particularly middle class families. We have to change this situation, and I will change it. Earlier, getting a passport used to take months, today it takes just a couple of weeks. Transparency is very important to ‘Surajya.’
- Reform, perform, transform is the mantra of the government. We value substance over symbolism, integrated development over isolated development, empowerment over entitlement.
Both niyat (intent) and neeti (policy) are important for good governance.
- We all have to fight against social evils, have to support social justice. Great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Ambedkar ji have always stressed on the need for social unity.
- It’s easy to keep account of the work done by the government, but it is difficult to have in-depth knowledge of those initiatives. Today, more than ‘Karya’, I want to talk about ‘Karya Sanskriti’ of the government.
- My country will never bow down before terrorism and Maoism. ‘Unity in Diversity’ is the whole essence of Indian culture. There is no place for violence and atrocities here. I request the youth who have taken to terrorism to come back. There is still time. Look towards the dreams of your parents and shun violence because it will lead you nowhere.
- People of Balochistan, Gilgit and PoK have thanked me a lot in past few days, I am grateful to them.
- The onus is on the 125 crore people of India to convert this ‘Swaraj’ into ‘Surajya’. From Parliament to panchayats, gram pradhans to the prime minister, everyone has to fulfill their responsibilites. Only then will the dream of surajya come true.
I need the support of the Indian society for ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign. Every parent needs to send their daughters to school for an education. One educated lady is capable of taking an entire family out of poverty.
We have not let inflation exceed 6 percent since we came to power. Earlier the inflate was at 10 percent. I will not let the country’s poor suffer due to price rise.