Mukesh Ambani revealed Jio 4G plans last week, and the country’s newest telcos has made voice calling and national roaming free. After a trial period where only select users were allowed to use its network, anyone can get a Jio SIM card from today, and all services are free to use until December 31.
Here we are giving the details of Reliance Jio services from Jio SIM card to plans, from phones suitable for using Jio to apps and services:
- Reliance 4G Plans: Jio’s app booking, worth INR 15,000 for an annual subscription, will be available free for all active Jio customers till December 31, 2017
Reliance Jio has also unveiled a bunch of postpaid plans that are similar to its prepaid offerings.
- A peak download speed of upto 135 MBPS on the Jio network
- Reliance Jio SIM cards will be available to anyone from Monday, and the process of getting one is pretty simple. If you have an Aadhaar card, we recommend carrying that for the eKYC process as it greatly simplifies the activation process.
- Reliance Jio is using a 4G-only network with VoLTE technology for phone calls. This means your existing phone may not work on it, unless it comes with 4G support. Even if you have a 4G phone, unless it supports VoLTE, you will not be able to make voice calls, though Reliance Jio is offering its JioJoin app as a workaround.
- Reliance Jio is pushing its apps and services in a big way, from the JioNet app that lets you use Jio’s network of Wi-Fi hotspots, to its video-on-demand app, and a music streaming app, and more. Access to these services will be free until December 2017.