Samsung smartphone or Samsung BOMB? Be Safe

samsung-galaxy-note-7-recall-fire-explosion

Melbourne:  An Australian man was left with burns when his Samsung smartphone “exploded” as he slept in his hotel room.

Tham Hua, from Victoria state who was visiting Western Australia, said his Samsung Galaxy Note 7 exploded in his hotel room, bursting into flames, Xinhua news agency reported.

“My brand new Note 7 exploded this morning while I was still asleep, it was plugged in and charging,” Hua posted on a technology forum in comments published on Wednesday.

“Phone completely fried… (Samsung) told me this is the first case in Australia.

“(It) charred the hotel room bed sheet and the carpet when I whacked it down to the floor, burnt one of my fingers while doing that too.”

Hua said the accident caused $1,300 worth of damage to his hotel room which Samsung offered to cover.

Samsung issued a global recall for its flagship smartphone Galaxy Note 7 units after the technology giant discovered a battery fault in the phone which caused it to explode.

More than 35 cases of the exploding battery defect have been reported since the phone, which retails for $1,035, was launched on August 19.

Samsung has now advised owners of the Galaxy Note 7 to turn off their phones and leave them off until they can be exchanged.

1 Comment on "Samsung smartphone or Samsung BOMB? Be Safe"

  1. New Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cost 30,000rupee

    Latest Apple iPhone SE 20,000rupee & Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE 33,000rupee

    Serious buyer should contant us.

    Whatsapp CHAT or Call : +254703285513 or 00254703285513

    Skype: faisa.hassan102

    Email address: faisa.hassan01@hotmail.com

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*