President Ram Nath Kovind will begin his two-day Uttar Pradesh journey today by visiting the Ishwariganj village in Kanpur Dehat which became an open defecation free village. He will also visit Paraukh, the rural hamlet that was once his home which is trying to make its first 100 toilets under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, according to a report by The Indian Express. The President will arrive at the Lucknow airport today around 3:30 pm from where he will travel to Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Mahasabha for paying tributes to the social reformer. He supposed to meet the state chief minister Yogi Adityanath at his official residence at 5 Kalidas Marg around 7:30 pm.
During his trip, the President will also launch a fortnight-long ‘Swachhta Hi Seva’ (Cleanliness is Service) sanitation campaign from Ishwariganj village today. This campaign will be started to highlight the Narendra Modi government’s flagship cleanliness initiative Swachh Bharat Mission. According to a report by PTI, this initiative which coordinated by the Ministry of Drinking water and sanitation will include ‘Shramdaan’ or voluntary work and will focus on mass mobilisation and reinforce ‘jan andolan’ for sanitation to contribute to Mahatma Gandhi’s dream of a clean India.
This campaign will see a large-scale mobilisation of people from all walks of life, including the prime minister, Union ministers, CMs, MPs and NGOs to undertake ‘Shramdaan’ for cleanliness and construction of toilets and to make their surroundings free from open defecation.
Here is the full schedule of President Ram Nath Kovind’s UP visit as per CNN-News 18:
– Arrive at Lucknow airport around 3:30 pm.
– Travel to Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Mahasabha for paying tributes to the social reformer.
– Reach Raj Bhavan around 4:30 pm.
– Attend felicitation ceremony at Indira Gandhi Pratishthan from 5 pm to 6 pm.
– Go back to Raj Bhavan around 6:15 pm.
– Reach CM Yogi Adityanath’s official residence at 5 Kalidas Marg around 7:30 pm.
– Back to Raj Bhavan after 9 pm and retire for the night.
– Reach Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Smriti Vitika at 10:30 am to pay tributes to the politician.
– Return to Raj Bhavan around 11 am.
– Rest from 11 am to 1:15 pm.
– Reach Lucknow airport around 1:35 pm.
– Reach Ishwari Ganj village in Kanpur around 2:30 pm.
– Will stay there from 2:30 pm to 4 pm.
– Kick-start ‘Swachhata hi Sewa’ event there.
– To be honoured at the Chandrasekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology around 4:35 pm.
– Visit residence of former MP Ishwar Chandra Gupta in Kanpur.
– Return to Lucknow airport around 6 pm.
– Leave for Delhi around 7:15 pm.