Ford Motor Company on Wednesday unveiled its all new compact utility vehicle, the ‘Ford Freestyle’ in Delhi. The crossover which is based on Ford’s hatchback ‘Figo’ made its world debut here.
The Freestyle is expected to be officially launched in April, this year. The new product will see Ford enter a new segment and lock horns with the Hyundai i20 Active, Toyota Etios Cross, Fiat Urban Cross and the likes in the segment.
Specifications of Ford Freestyle
- The car looks rugged with the use of contrasting lower cladding and some other tweaks like a hexagonal mesh grille and sculpted bumpers.
- The side looks sporty with sculpted sweeping lines and the slanted rear.
- The interior has also been updated and looks more premium than the standard Figo. The car gets a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system on the centre console which supports Ford’s Sync3 with connectivity features like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- The car will be available in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version is powered by a new 1.2-litre, 96PS Dragon engine while the diesel variant continues with the 1.5-litre engine, delivering 100PS of power. The car also gets a new 5-speed manual transmission.
- The company has increased track-width and improved ground clearance, which is expected to enhance the multi-terrain handling capabilities of the car.
- Along with the class-leading safety of six airbags, the Freestyle gets features like TCS (traction control system), ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution) and uniquely tuned EPAS (electric power assisted