All that glittered at the 60th annual Grammy Awards was Bruno Mars’ ’24K Magic’. The R&B singer took home a total of six awards including Album Of The Year, Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year. Following close behind on the list was Rapper Kendrick Lamar, who walked away with five wins of his own including Best Rap Album, Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance. British singer and songwriter Ed Sheeran, who was snubbed out of major categories, won the Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album for ‘Divide’ and Best Pop Solo Performance for the album’s single ‘Shape of You’. Sheeran however, was not present to receive the awards.
Apart from some big wins, the show boasted to stellar performances through the night beginning with Kendrick Lamar’s performance of ‘XXX’ from his album ‘DAMN’. The show saw Brothers Osborne, Maren Morris and Eric Church perform ‘Tears in Heaven’ during the in memoriam tribute, and Elton John team up with Miley Cyrus for a ‘Tiny Dancer’ duet. The highlight of the night had to be Kesha’s powerful performance of her hit single ‘Praying’ along with Cyndi Lauper, Camila Cabello, Julia Michaels, Day and a choir, all dressed in white.
The hit track ‘Despacito’ by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber didn’t pick any of the three Grammys it was nominated for. Another big shocker was JAY-Z losing out on all the eight categories he was nominated for last night.
Here’s the complete list of winners at the Grammy Awards, announced Sunday by The Recording Academy.
– Album Of The Year: ’24K Magic’, Bruno Mars.
– Record Of The Year : ’24K Magic’, Bruno Mars.
– Song Of The Year : ‘That’s What I Like’, Bruno Mars.
– Best Country Album : ‘From A Room: Volume 1’, Chris Stapleton.
– Best Rap Album: ‘DAMN’, KendrickLamar.
– Best Pop Solo Performance : ‘Shape of You’, Ed Sheeran.
– New Artist: Alessia Cara.
– Rap/Sung Performance : ‘Loyalty’, Kendrick Lamar feat. Rihanna.
– Best Comedy Album : ‘The Age of Spin’ and ‘Deep in the Heart of Texas’, Dave Chappelle
– Traditional Pop Vocal Album : ‘Tony Bennett Celebrates 90’, various artists.
– Best Pop Duo/Group Performance : ‘Feel It Still’, Portugal. The Man.
– Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album : ‘Tony Bennett Celebrates 90’, various artists.
– Best Pop Vocal Album : – ‘Divide’, Ed Sheeran.
– Best Rock Album : ‘A Deeper Understanding’,The War on Drugs.
– Best Rap Song : ‘HUMBLE.’, Kendrick Lamar.
– Best Rap Performance : Kendrick Lamar.
– Best Urban Contemporary Album : ‘Starboy’ – The Weeknd.
– Best R&B Album : ’24K Magic’, Bruno Mars.
– Best R&B Performance : Bruno Mars.
– Best R&B Song : ‘That’s What I Like’, Bruno Mars.
– Best Dance/Electronic Album : ‘3-D The Catalogue’.
– Best Jazz Vocal Album : ‘Dreams And Daggers’, Cecile McLorin Salvant.