Online application for CBSE UGC NET, National Eligibility Test July 2018 examination begins today, that is, March 6, 2018. As per the information bulletin available on the official website cbsenet.nic.in, the online applications would start from today and end on April 5, 2018. Candidates who are interested in applying for the position of Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship, JRF in any of the University Grants Commission, UGC recognized colleges/ universities are required to qualify the examination. Please note, starting July 2018, UGC has revised the eligibility criteria for the examination. Also, the paper pattern for the examination has also been revised. Interested candidates can check the revised eligibility criteria, important dates and how to apply for the examination here.
All the interested candidates are advised to note that the online application forms are not available on the official website as yet. They are expected to start from 11:00 am. The updates on the same would be made available. Also, the link to apply online would also be provided here as and when it is available on the official website. CBSE would be conducting the UGC NET July 2018 examination on July 8, 2018.
Important Dates for UGC NET July 2018 Examination
Start of Online Application Form: March 6, 2018
Last date to apply online: April 5, 2018
Last date to pay the fee through online generated bank challan: April 6, 2018
Correction in Particulars in the application: April 25, 2018 – May 1, 2018
Release of UGC NET July 2018 Admit Cards: June 2018 (exact date to be notified later)
Date of the Examination: July 8, 2018
How to Apply for UGC NET July 2018 Examination
Candidates interested in applying are advised to carefully go through the information bulletin to satisfy that they meet the eligibility criteria. Also, please go through the revised paper pattern for UGC NET July 2018 examination. Steps on how to apply for the examination are summarized below.
- Go to the official website cbsenet.nic.in
- Click on the activated link to apply online – please note the link is not active at the moment. It would be activated as and when it would be available on the official website.
- Click on New Registration and fill out the details.
- All the candidates are advised to note that the mobile number and email address provided would be used by CBSE for all official correspondence. Hence, they should only use the mobile number and email which they would be able to retain until the end of the examination process.
- After validating the registration, candidates are required to fill the online application form and attach the documents – photograph and signature as required.
- Candidates to note that they are not required to send any of the certificates or documents or the print out of the online application to the CBSE office or UGC office.
- After filling the forms, the candidates would be prompted to pay the fee. General Category students are required to pay the fee of Rs. 1000, non-creamy OBC candidates are required to pay Rs. 500 and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD and Transgender categories are required to pay Rs. 250. Candidates can pay the fee using any of the online methods or credit/debit card. Also, candidates can make the payment by means of an e-challan generated online. The payment can them be made corresponding to the e-challan at any of the Syndicate or Canara or ICICI Bank branches. The confirmation of fee payment signals that the application has been successfully filled.
CBSE UGC NET July 2018 Examination Revised Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have completed their bachelors and masters with a minimum of 55% in their master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible to apply. The minimum cut off for reserved categories – SC/ ST/ OBC and persons with disability is 50%. Please note, the minimum criteria is without rounding off.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree and are in the final year or are waiting for the results are also eligible to apply for the examination. The selection of such candidates, however, would be provisional and only eligible for the award of JRF or Assistant Professor only after they have passed the master’s degree with the required percentage.
- Candidates belonging to third gender or transgender are also eligible to apply. All the exemptions extended to reserved categories are also extended to them.
- Candidates can apply for the NET examination only in the subject of their Master’s degree.
- Age limit for applying for the grant of JRF has been revised. As per the new criteria, the upper age limit for JRF is now 30 years as on July 1, 2018. A further relaxation of 5 years is provided to the candidates who belong to the OBC, SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories as well as to women candidates. Also, relaxation of a maximum 5 years would also be provided to candidates who have spent that much time in research – provided effective proof of the same is provided.
- Please note, there is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor.