Friday was a special day for Virat Kohli. Here are the points to prove that:
- He led India to an eight-wicket win in the sixth and final ODI of the six-match series against South Africa by scoring yet another century.
- It was Kohli’s 200th ODI inning and he celebrated it with 35th century – his third of the series, his 13th as captain and 19th in successful chases.
- He finished the series with 558 runs at a mind-boggling average of 186 from six innings.
- He thus became the first ever batsman to score 500 runs in a bilateral ODI series.
- He had already become the first ever Indian captain to lead India to a bilateral ODI series win on South African soil after the fifth ODI.
See how stars from the world of cricket and cinema congratulated him:
35th …. Greatest Ever ODI player … #Fact … @imVkohli #SAvIND
— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) February 16, 2018
Parampara ,Pratishtha ,Anushaasan. Congratulations India on the 5-1 series victory. Brilliant effort from the spinners and wonderfully led from the front by Kohli. pic.twitter.com/jYQhLTIqI8
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) February 16, 2018
Outstanding effort by the boys winning 5 to 1 against South Africa in Sa will go down one of the best series wins away ! Congratulations to @imVkohli on 3 tons unbelievable batting !!!
— yuvraj singh (@YUVSTRONG12) February 17, 2018
Too ‘Virat’ for anyone else to match! Truly the best in the world @imVkohli pic.twitter.com/N4scl9HNi1
— Suniel Shetty (@SunielVShetty) February 16, 2018
Be the first to comment on "Know why Friday was a special day for Virat Kohli"